Thursday, April 16, 2015

I was working on the sale of land tracts in Circle 75 Office Park- NOW the BRAVES STADIUM

Please see my other posts:
MBA Properties Inc funds still on deposit 2019 Cobb County Superior Court Registry

Fraud Upon the Court - Bruce Ailion 4488 Doral Circle Marietta Cobb County


After the Braves announced they were moving to the Circle 75 Office Park location in Cobb County (November 11, 2013) I had a rude awakening.

During my initial employment with Advantis GVA, Buckhead office I began working with the owners of Circle 75 Planned development to sell one parcel of the Circle 75 Office Park. 

I began my employment at Advantis in January 2002, and in February 2002 Jerome Baum was also hired as shown here in the press release. http://www.costar.com/News/Article/Advantis-GVA-Hires-Two-Senior-Officials/36413
Jerome Baum was hired as a Senior Director of Investment Sales and I was hired as Director of Office Properties.

After a short time after his arrival, (approximately 4 or 5 weeks) Mr. Baum approached the Buckhead Advantis Office's Managing Director Richard Byrant to make me his partner.  I did not know Jerome Baum. I had never had any business or personal dealing with Mr. Baum at the time he made this request.  I began working with Jerome Baum in investment sales sometime in March 2002 (I switched from Office Properties) and he offered to train me and split all real estate transactions. During my entire time working under Jerome Baum's direction I never earned a dime.

During my training I learned from Mr. Baum that he was a close neighbor (next door or a few doors away) to Hansell (Hap) Smith.  At the time Hansell Smith was a member of the Marietta Housing Authority, he was there from 1996- May 2006, here is the article http://www.mariettaga.gov/city/news/readarticle?id=47

I recently learned that Jerome Baum and Hansell Smith both lived on the street in front of Judge Adele Grubbs.  So they were all neighbors. 

In early February 2002, I had begun to work on the potential sale of the parcel 15 (approximately 17 acres) of the Circle 75 Planned development.  The site plan was for two potential office building of 100,000 square feet each.








Tract 15 of the Circle 75 Planned development was not listed for sale in February 2002.   I was given the sales information (by the owner's representative at B.F. Saul Company) and was asked to bring it to prospective purchasers.  Richard Bryant  (Managing Director of Advantis Atlanta office) came to this meeting with me. I had previously worked with one of Circle 75 owner's representatives for many years and made the introduction.  Jerome Baum showed up at Advantis a few weeks after the initial meeting with Dick Bryant, B.F. Saul Property Company's (owner's of Circle 75) representative, and myself.  At the time Jerome Baum arrived and began his employment at Advantis the possible sale was ongoing with a potential purchaser.

On June 4, 2003, I was given additional information from B.F. Saul Property Company (owners of Circle 75) to sell tract 12 for residential town home development.  I requested help from another agent at the Atlanta Advantis office Mark Hollan.  Mark Hollan and I began to work on finding a purchaser for tract 12 of the Circle 75 Planned development. 

When I left Advantis in September 2003, Mark Hollan sent a referral commission agreement to me at my real estate brokerage company Deerfield Real Estate Services, LLC (which was active until last year 2014). 



Mark Hollan, (now at Lee & Associates) represented B.F. Saul Company on the sale of the office buildings ( buildings 900, 1000, and 1100, Circle 75 Parkway) at the Circle 75 Planned development.   This sale was announced on October 29, 2013, before they announced the Braves stadium relocating to Circle 75. 

http://www.costar.com/News/Article/BF-Saul-Exits-Atlanta-Market-With-Sale-of-Circle-75-Office-Park/153839

The Braves announced their move to Circle 75 in Cobb County on November 11, 2013

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9959440/atlanta-braves-leaving-turner-field-relocating-cobb-county-2017

In 1985, B. F. Saul Company had completed the development of buildings 900, 1000, and 1100,  Circle 75 Parkway, with a total of  approximately 710,000 square feet.  These were the three office buildings sold by Mark Hollan (representing B.F. Saul Company) to Scott & Associates.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/1997/12/08/focus27.html?page=all

No comments: